Sunday, April 17, 2011

Last Prom

Bittersweet is the word that best describes how I am feeling about my son's senior year. Saturday night was his last Prom. He was handsome, of course, and his sweet girlfriend, Breanna, was princess-pretty - I teared up when I saw her. We and three other couples hosted a dinner for them, Jake and Shelby at Breanna's house. Her dad grilled steaks, chicken and burgers. We served the kids downstairs at a table lit by candles, sparkly little white lights were strung around the room providing just the right amount of light. So as the kids dined by candlelight, sipped sparkling white grape juice and sparkling lemonade, we (the adults and Shelby's sister) enjoyed our meal in the dining room. I hope they had as much fun as we did.

I just love seeing all the teens all gussied up at Prom - shiny dresses and tuxedos. My sweet son even posed for pic with me.

So much to do before graduation: make his grad party invites, send out announcements, plan the party, order the food... I think my head is spinning!




No comments: