Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Tim and I tailgating before the Iowa/Northwestern game.
However, one couple behind us is a little less than pleasant. It's pretty much a steady barrage of complaints about:
- the other team,
- the music played during the game,
- the marching bands (both the visiting and home team),
- selection of music played by the marching bands,
- the weather,
- the officials,
- people who cheer too loud,
- fans who don't cheer enough,
- how much room they don't have in the stadium (but then bitch about others who leave the game early which gives them more room!),
- fans on the Jumbotron ("What a dork!" was just one of her rude comments last Saturday).
Their constant bellyaching and criticism has caused me to look good and hard at myself. Do I sound like that too? At times, yes. Ouch! I'm not proud of that. I certainly don't want to be remembered as the hater or complainer. Arrogance isn't pretty, and seriously - I want to be pretty!
So in this month of thankfulness they've reminded me of a few football season blessings. I'm grateful:
- there are strong, young people to play the game,
- I have eyes to watch it,
- I have ears to hear the music and rousing cheers,
- there are vibrant, talented young people to play, march in the bands and inspire me with their gift of music,
- for the 70,585 fans that Kinnick Stadium holds,
- that as of right now the Hawks are 9-1,
- for the camaraderie of old friends and new ones.
You get what I'm saying... ;)
GO HAWKS - and don't hate, appreciate!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
After Ohio and Oregon, we left Iowa for Wyoming for two weeks, where are at right now. The weather has been great! Hot during the day and cool at night - typical summer weather here where the elevation is higher. I miss these temps. We haven't seen many family yet but hope to catch as many people as possible this week.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club today. Great book with strong women characters and interesting stories. Sad though. I don't believe heroines need to die to make a great story! I would recommend it to others to read.
My dog Lexi enjoyed snuggling on the lovely throw one of my best friends, Jamie, crocheted for me. It is a sweet shade of lavendar and is so comfy! I have the best friends!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
1. Be one of the first THREE bloggers to leave a comment on this post, which then entitles you to a handmade item from me - something crafty or yummy, who knows?!.
2. Winners must post this challenge on your blog, meaning that you will Pay It Forward, creating a handmade gift -anything!- for the first THREE bloggers who leave a comment on YOUR post about this giveaway!
3. The gift that you send to your Three Friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. This means you should be willing to maintain your blog at least until you receive your gift and have shipped your gifts. And, remember: It’s the Spirit and the Thought That Count!
4. When you receive your gift, please feel free to blog about it, sharing appropriate Linky Love!If you are not one of the Top Three Commenters on this post, you can still play along. Go ahead and start your own Pay It Forward chain, and encourage your blogging friends to do the same!
(I will require that you send me some pictures--not going to say what I am making, lol, but of course knowing me it will be something to do with pictures! :)
SO, REMEMBER... it is good... :) Pass it forward.AND . . . I might feel generous and send something to the first FOUR people, so don't quit commenting at three :)
Friday, April 3, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
I have an addiction. There - I've said it. My family already knows about it, in fact, they were probably aware of it before I was. It started when I was a teen - the headlines drew me in month after month with promises of thin thighs, hot guys, awesome fashion, trendy new clothes, I was hooked: Teen, Seventeen, Cosmopolitan, People, Glamour, Rolling Stone.
The titles changed as my life did. As a young mom and new homeowner Parents, Family Fun, Creating Keepsakes, Country Living, Country Home, Victoria, Home Companion caught my attention. How-tos on creating the perfect birthday party, Top Ten Toys of the Year, Christmas on a Budget, organize, scrapbook, save money...oh my! I couldn't get enough!
Vanity Fair, Romantic Homes, Oprah, Everyday With Rachel Ray, Real Simple, Marie Claire, Fitness, Martha Stewart Living, People, are my current drugs of choice and can be found in my tote bag, next to my bed or on the coffee table in the living room.
Barnes and Noble lures me in with large magazine racks (a whole wall - YES!). There's nothing like opening a pristine new issue. The pages are tight, the ink is fresh, the perfume sample yet to be opened. So much to read and learn: Scrap A Page A Day! Lose 10 Pounds This Month! Energize Your Life! YES, YES, YES! My favorite fundraiser is the kid who shows up at your door, not with cookies, but with MAGAZINE SALES! She is the lucky girl who comes to my house selling magazine prescriptions - oops, I mean subscriptions.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
A new year has dawned and I haven't done any scrapbooking or photo organizing. I'm way behind and feeling overwhelmed. I'm not off to a good start.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
- ► 2011 (11)
- ► 2010 (37)
- ► October (3)
- ► August (3)