Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To Flower or Not?

Do you ever have those moments where you are a little afraid of what other people think of you? I hate to admit that I certainly do. The other day I got caught up in the whole Hawkeye accessories madness - you know what I mean when you have a game or event and want to buy stuff that matches it. It’s similar to buying the cool t-shirt from (insert your vacation city here). So I was at Walgreen’s before the first home football game when I spotted them. Flowers - yellow, white. Pretty. Like candy for your hair! I bought two. One yellow, one white, of course! 
Back at the office, I carefully clipped the yellow one in my hair above my ear. I turned side to side, admiring it. Smiled. Then it hit me and the questions started taunting me. “Won’t people laugh at you with that silly yellow flower in your hair? Seriously, aren’t you a little old to wear that? Tacky. Really? Seriously? WOW!”
So, I did the safe thing and took the flower out. Fixed my hair back the way it was. Put the flower away. Calmed those pesky critters in my head who question everything I do. For now anyway.
But last weekend the flowers caught my eye again. The white one sits on my dresser, tag still on. The yellow one was still shoved away in my purse. After work last Saturday I put it back in my hair. I wore it into Carlos O’Kelly’s and to the store where Taylor works. Sweet son - he told me he liked it. Maybe it’s not so bad. Maybe there weren’t too many people who laughed at me. Maybe nobody did. Maybe I don’t care if they did.  xo - Em

4 comments:

AnaliseLaughs said...

Only as long as you send me one :) I'll wear it!

Lynda said...

You should have heard our speaker from the beginning of the year meeting.............it was all about escaping adultitis and having fun in your life........I say flower all the time!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, Mandy, Lindsay, & Aubrey said...

WEAR the flower! I love it! I love it when I see people wearing the flowers...DEFINITELY wear it! :)

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

I say wear it sister! It looks cute....at least from what I can see. I’m sure people will see you sporting it and say…..”Oh I wish I could pull something like that off.” The funny thing is they probably can but feel silly (like you)....they shouldn’t!

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”