Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas

Ahhh... the hustle and bustle of the busy Christmas season is over and here I am reflecting on another year that has come and gone. We had a quiet holiday with the kids. Analise was home for a couple of days and after Christmas dinner we played a few rousing games of Yahtzee and Scrabble - we are bit competitive when it comes to family games! Tim and Taylor tied on Scrabble, which might be a first at our house. Tim usually wins by a landslide!

Lise was playing Yahtzee, playing with her Nook and eating popcorn with M&Ms!
Taylor contemplating strategy?

A lot of thought went into game plays. 
As for a new year - I'm excited for new challenges and a lot of changes. Taylor is in his senior year of high school - so next year at this time he'll be a freshman in college. That'll totally change the dynamic in the house - we won't have any kids at home. Goodness, I get a little teary thinking about it.

Beginning January 3, I'll be taking on new responsibilities at work. I've been asked and agreed to be an interim manager at one of our CU branches. It means my commute will be triple for a few months until they hire a permanent manager. But the change will be good and I like a challenge.  :)

Lise and I will also be participating in The Brave Girls Club online Soul Restoration class. We are both super-excited to do this. I'll keep you updated during it. Soul restoration - here we come! 

New 360 photo blog is being created too! It'll be a year of changes, growing, goodbyes, hellos and creating. xo - Em

Boy, on edge of being a man. His eyes light up like a child's. Tolkien book.

No comments: