Today was a special day at our house - we adopted a 2-year-old golden retriever, Zoe, from a nice family who is moving. She is loved by them and by us too. The young girls and their parents brought her over this morning, before the winter storm hit.
The girls made an instruction sheet which I'll share because it's so sweet:
To Emma and family
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ZOE REESE
* I got Zoe for my 5th Birthday. Please treat her like family. Her birthday is June 9th, mine is August 9th and Olivia's is July 9th. Her middle name is Reese, just like mine.
* When you open the freezer Zoe will come running and sit and wait for you to give her her favorite treat. ICE CUBES.
* Sometimes when she is in deep sleep she snores!
* Zoe has sensitive ears. She is afraid of loud trucks, horses clomping, and vacuums. (Even though it's funny to watch her run from the vacuums)
* Zoe LOVES family walks.
* When Zoe gets fed she waits for Gracie the cat to eat one of her morsels before she gobbles it down.
* Zoe burps and farts a lot. Please try to ignore the smell.
* Zoe loves her bone. When she is naughty we tell her to get her bone. It is her therapy.
* Zoe has a small bladder just like me. Please don't let her drink water after 7 pm.
* Zoe knows how to shake, sit, jump, and dance on your shoulders with you.
* Zoe's nicknames are Zo, Zo Zo, Zee Zo, or Z. She'll respond to all of them.
* We will miss her a lot. Please send pictures.
You Will Love Her. She Is The Best Dog In The World!
I read this aloud when the girls were here, they are 7 and 10, and I got teary-eyed knowing how much they love her and how hard this is for them. We are so happy and thankful they are sharing her with us.
Happy December night. xo - Em
- ► 2011 (11)
- ▼ 2010 (37)
- ► 2009 (23)