Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crisp Oatmeal Cookies for A Chilly Winter Day

I got this yummy cookie recipe from my cousin Amy and had a hankering to make them on this cold day. Everybody in the house likes them. Can’t think of a better way to chase the chill away than with warm cookies and hot chocolate.

Here’s the recipe – yummy! xo – Em

 

Crisp Oatmeal Cookies

Cream together:

1 cup margarine or 1 cup shortening (I use 1/2 C of each)

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

Add 2 eggs, beaten

3/4-1 cup flour

3 cups oatmeal (I use quick oats – not the old-fashioned kind)

1 cup coconut

1 cup nuts (optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

Mix together then bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (my oven cooks hot so I usually bake them for 10-12 min.)

Sometimes I mix in chocolate chips before baking, but these cookies are very sweet so you’d want to use the semi-sweet.

 

036

Oatmeal

039

Sweetened Coconut Flakes

044

Cookies waiting to be baked  :)

046

The finished product – crispy cookies.

4 comments:

McCreath's said...

Thank you so much Emma! YUM! You do now know how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE oatmeal!!

Em said...

Thanks Amber! I love outmeal too!!! These are crispy not soft - I prefer soft but these are tasty.

Megan Yoder said...

yummm Emma! :)

Christy Amular said...

my favorite cookie!